A Guide to Accommodation, Activities, Restaurants and Businesses in Nairobi, Kenya
Being Kenya's capital, Nairobi, is a typical city - busy, overcrowded and hot. Located in its own region of Kenya, Nairobi has only been increasing in size and population since 1899. Today it is East Africa's economic, commercial and transport centre.
Nairobi is an important base for the United Nations and is home to universities, NGO's and various organisations. The city centre has modern office blocks and has a vibrant atmosphere. Tourists are able to explore the city on foot, however caution must be taken for petty crime. The safer option would be to take a taxi, which are offered on almost every street corner.
Accommodation in Nairobi
Nairobi offers the traveller a choice of accommodation options from top class hotels, luxury lodges and budget guesthouses. Please see the accommodation directory for more information on places to stay.
Activities in Nairobi
There are a wide variety of things to do and see in and around Nairobi :-
- Nairobi National Park - will find Zebra, Wildebeest, Buffalo and much more
- Jamia Mosque
- City Market - a great variety of arts and crafts from all over Africa.
- Kenyatta International Conference Centre – this was built in 1974
- National Archives – a wonderful collection of tribal and contemporary art
- City Square – statue of Kenya's first president, Jomo Kenyatta
- Railway Museum – tells the story around the building of the Uganda Railway (Lunatic Line)
- Nairobi National Museum
- Nairobi Arboretum – a must-see for all visitors, holds over 350 species of trees
- City Park – beautiful landscaped gardens
- Karen Blixen Museum – author of the book “Out of Africa”, and located in Nairobi’s suburb of Karen
Please see the activities directory for more information on the things to do in Nairobi.
Nairobi's business community is thriving. Tourists will find shops, stalls and souvenirs in the vicinity. The restaurants are varied and plentiful, catering to all tastes and budges.
Latest Listings - View All
Latest Articles - View All
|Start:||29 September, 2017|
|End:||30 September, 2017|
|Location:||Serena Hotel Nairobi|